Tradition

Holder's TraditionIn the true American spirit, Bill Holder Sr. established Holders Jewelers in 1947.

Being a victim of polio, Bill Sr. qualified for the GI Bill, and attended Hardin College. In 1945 he enrolled in Horology school and became a watchmaker.

Becoming a small businessman, Bill Sr. bought Perrin Brothers jewelry store in 1947 located in Archer City Texas.

There he and his wife Emma lived behind the store in a 12’x18’ room. They raised their family there and Bill Jr. literally grew up working in the store.

Bill Sr. continued the American tradition as serving as Archer County Judge from 1958 until his retirement from that post 32 years later.

Bill Holder, Jr. began working for Kay’s Jewelers in 1970 where he began as a salesman and was promoted to manager. The store moved to Sikes Senter Mall in 1974 under the name Cardan’s.

Holder's Store Parker Square

Following his dream, Bill opened his own establishment in January 1977 on Midwestern Parkway. After 3 years at that location, the store moved to French Village Shopping Center for the next 25 years.

Over the span of 33 years, Bill Jr. through meticulous attention and management of inventory, has created and maintained the value priced selection known as Holders Jewelers. Today the store is located in Parker Square Shopping center.

The Holder family has sold jewelry for 63 years to 4 generations of customers.